Monday, November 22, 2010

Ahem

Well. 

I thought this would be a great place to detail the torrent of fabulous, entertaining, super-clever things that swirl around in my head on a daily basis.  Also it will save me from making a million long-distance calls to keep family and friends apprised of precisely what I ate for breakfast, how much housework I'm ignoring, where I found cat poo today, all that really important, need-to-know stuff.  So I grabbed myself a generic blog template and prepared to unleash the awesome.  However, the awesome lay dormant. 

UNTIL TODAY. 

Really I'm just posting because I need to have an online photo of a room, and what better place to plonk that photo than here?  Design*Sponge is hosting a rug giveaway (here http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/11/new-bev-hisey-dhuri-rug-giveaway.html), AND the giveaway is open to Canadians, AND I just happen to be about to move into a house that needs a serious shot of de-uglification.

Exhibit A:
I would like to point out that none of the furnishings belong to us.  Still, there is some major fug happening in this room.  Let's look at another angle, shall we?

Exhibit B:

This angle is not an improvement.  But the worst is yet to come...

Exhibit C:

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.  The nasty corner fireplace--with no wall behind it.  The opposite half-wall with wooden spindles to the ceiling.  The wallpaper.  All bad.  All so very, very bad.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure a new rug will be enough (although I certainly wouldn't refuse it if I won!).  This room has definitely got a date with a sledgehammer in its future.  I'll be sure to carefully roll up any super rugs I may or may not own, to keep away all the demolition dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment